Friday, May 9, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: flying at altitude



Will,

When I flew out to Jackson two years ago, I had no issues at the airport. Dan is right bring a copy of the TSA guidance just in case. I had a back pack with two rod tubes on each side and my gear inside. We flew into Idaho Falls and stopped at Grand Teton Brewing Co in Victor, ID  on our way (about 35 mins west of Jackson). - highly recommend in addition to Snake River Brew Co. Head to the fly shops in Jackson and ask for some intel about places to fish during run-off depending on flows.  When I was there, Hoback Junction to the south of Jackson was good, as was some of the smaller streams to the north (Pacific Creek). We found a few places on the snake near oxbow bend that held cruising fish near the banks. There is a small stream that flows from string lake into Jenny Lake, give it a try. I did well on mostly nymphs as the dry fly activity wasn't as active, yet - but you never know what the day will bring you and how run-off will be looking.  

Best,

Kevin

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/ec55c9a3-9dcc-4357-bc1b-c0583d4030bc%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment