You already ordered items, so I'm not sure I should chime in, but ....
I agree with Eric, In fact for 3wt and under I almost always go with a
downlocking cap and ring reel seat over cork. Combining this with a
cigar grip, you can get by with a shorter grip since you gain some
room down at the reel, but there is nothing wrong with a full wells on
a small rod. I usually turn my grips on the rod, starting with cork
rings. I find it easier than trying to ream preformed cork grips.
I also like a sz 10 or 12 stripping guide for a 3wt.
I don't go up to a size 16 until I get to size 6 or 7.
Carl
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM, namfos <mark.sofman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Eric. Thought about cigar shape, but I like something a bit more
> "formed" to fit the hand. I think on the next rod build I'll do the grip
> from scratch.
>
> Mark
>
>
> On Friday, March 22, 2013 11:01:38 AM UTC-4, Eric Y. wrote:
>>
>> I prefer to go with a cigar on rods under 5wt and half wells on rods
>> 5-7wt. With a 3wt, you're talking finesse, and at least in my hands, cigar
>> grips feel a bit more "finessey" than half wells.
>
> --
> http://www.tpfr.org
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to
> tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/nZagFhTIz34J.
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
No comments:
Post a Comment