I plan on hitting a stream or two this weekend, but I'm a little skittish because of all the rain. The last time I went after several days of rain, the streams had such high, dirty water that they were un-fishable. The best resource I could think of to check water levels without physically going out there was the USGS data for the Rapidan River near Culpeper. Based on the data, I can see that current water levels are more than twice their historical average, but since average water levels taper off throughout the spring anyway, I have no real frame of reference for what the threshold for fishable water levels are. Can anyone provide some insight?
-- http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/7a991742-71f0-4df7-9615-acd0754cbf40%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
No comments:
Post a Comment