Will, Dan pretty much nailed it. I travel with my fly gear a ton and have just a thing or two to add. Scissors no matter how small will get confiscated or need to be checked so tying on board will be problem. Only once have I had an issue with forceps in my bag. Dan is spot on about placing the metal items together and quickly accessible for review I usually ziplock those together for quick pull if they want to see them. If you have a metal or a home tube for your fly rod I would suggest uncapping it before you feed it through the machine. Last, I highly recommend if you do like I do and strap your rod to your pack to remove from the back pack and send it through the X-ray machine separately. The rod strapped to the pack is usually the perfect size and shape to get logged sideways in the middle of the X-ray machine holding up the process.
On Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:13:20 AM UTC-4, Will Brumas wrote:
-- On Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:13:20 AM UTC-4, Will Brumas wrote:
Hey all, I just booked my trip with two buddies out to Jackson Hole for mid-late June! I'm very excited. We'll be out there for two weeks fishing around Wyoming with Jackson as our hub.My question: does anybody have any tips for air traveling with fly gear? Do they let you bring hooks/fly boxes full of flies on the plane? I thought it might be pretty awesome to tie a few on my tray table in flight, haha. Most importantly, I want to know what to pack on the carry on and what not to pack.Any other Wyoming-area tips appreciated...we got some bear spray.Will
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/8c8a072c-5e77-4cf9-b4fa-9e5e23027e5f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
No comments:
Post a Comment