Nate
On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 10:30:00 AM UTC-5, Dave Marcus wrote:
I've been thinking about the shad run and wondering more and more about trying to hook into to large stripers that might also be feeding during that time in the potomac. I'm assuming there will be some cows in the river and thought I'd bring my 6wt for the shad and then also my 9wt for the large stripers. I'll be using a sinking line on both rods, and thought for the stripers I'd want to tie a LARGE shad imitation. I'm looking for a fly that's 8-10 inches maybe even bigger, potentially with a trailer hook... am I way off base? Has anyone caught stripers on the fly in this way this time of year using something similar?--
My thinking is that stripers may be in the water picking off smaller shad that may be weak or dying during the migration. Any thoughts, advice, or patterns would be greatly appreciated.
David Marcus
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/B1WQc9RQBE8J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
No comments:
Post a Comment